Monday, April 20, 2015

Preparing For Baby {Maternity Pictures}

So naturally there is a lot to do to get ready for Baby Frey!  Chad and I have been crazy busy running here and there to pick up things, making lists of everything we need to do, checking things off that list, putting together the nursery, and all manner of other baby prep activities.  One of the things that I always knew I wanted to do was have maternity pictures taken.  So at 35 weeks pregnant (last week), I suddenly remembered that not only had I not had these taken yet, but I hadn't even arranged for it to happen either.

I got in contact with Selena from Selena J. Photography yet that day, and she was so sweet to get back with me right away and schedule Chad and I for a session just a few days later.  I have to admit, I wasn't super excited about having them done.  I feel massive and so not pretty anymore, but I knew that I would regret not doing it later.  So I scrounged up outfits for Chad and I and off we went.

I am so so glad that I had it done and that Selena could do them for us.  She photographed our wedding, and Chad and I were so thrilled with how those pictures turned out.  Not only did she take lovely pictures on our wedding day (despite the fact that it poured down rain), but she also invited us to do another shoot on a different day so we could have some outdoor pictures. She took us to a gorgeous spot: a little forest/pond near her studio.  Those pictures turned out to be my favorite ones.  Anyway, I was so happy that we could return to the same spot to have our maternity pictures done, and to make everything even more perfect, it was the same week as our anniversary.  We just celebrated 4 years of marriage last Thursday! So how neat was it that we could sort of "recreate" some of the poses that Chad and I had done for our wedding, only this time with a baby on board!?

I ended up loving the photos that Selena took of us! She worked her camera magic and made me feel beautiful (even at 30+ pounds heavier than I was last time).  I would so recommend her to anyone who wants really gorgeous, quality, classy pictures for any occasion!  She's also going to do our newborn pictures after the baby is born and I can't wait!

Here are my favorites: 

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? :)